CAMPO DA RAINHA
At the beginning of the XX century, the pitch, Campo da Rua da Rainha, later renamed Rua Antero de Quental, was the place where FC Porto, renewed by José Monteiro da Costa, played. Taking advantage from the help of the father, Jerónimo, the blue and white leader gave shape to a pioneer initiative in the country, putting grass in a rectangle with the official measures of the game, framed with lines of brick benches that could seat around six hundred spectators. The facilities also had a dressing room, a locker with three showers and two sinks, a buffet, an external gym and a majestic tribune destined to the guests of honor. Solemnly opened in a friendly match between FC Porto and the British side of the Boavista Footballers, the Campo da Rainha was the stage of the first blue and white victory against a foreign opponent, the Real Fortuna de Vigo, beaten by 4-1 in 1911.
CAMPO DA CONSTITUIÇÃO
Upon payment of an annual rent of 350 $ 00, the Campo da Constituição succeeded in 1913 to the Campo da Rainha. Inaugurated with a match between FC Porto and the Oporto Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club, it became the home of the matches of the 'Regionais' and 'Nacionais', played between two 'pawns' in a clay pitch and attracting even more supporters.
The influx forced, in 1939, to do major works of renovation, that created new benches and dozens of boxes. The capacity was largely exceeded in the days of big matches, to the point of interruptions becoming normal due to the public that would enter into the pitch.
The Campo da Constituição hosted, besides football, matches of Handball Eleven, Field Hockey and Athletics events.
CAMPO DO AMEAL
Owned by the Club Sport Progresso ? association seeded in Paranhos ? the Campo do Ameal was used by FC Porto in several games, in the decades of 1920 and 1930. The Amial, as it was wrote then, was one of the most beautiful sporting venues of that period, with state of the art showers and a monumental clock, having also served as a stage for the games of the Portuguese National team. It gained its place in the history of FC Porto while proving to be too small for the growing influx of fans to the great matches. Until the completion of the dream of the Estádio das Antas, the Campo do Ameal shared moments of blue and white glory with the Estádio do Lima.
ESTÁDIO DO LIMA
Multidisciplinary venue, owned by the Académico FC, the Estádio do Lima had in his facilities a covered central bench, cement bench at the north top, areas of 'pawn', running track, cycling and basketball fields, in addition to a indoor arena. Given the precarious conditions of the Campo da Constituição, the Lima was used for games of FC Porto on several occasions, especially in the 1940s. Among the private meetings here disputed, for the posterity remained the game between Arsenal and FC Porto in 1948, which ended with a 3-2 blue and white triumph.
ESTÁDIO DAS ANTAS
Opened in May 1952, the Estádio das Antas - masterpiece of the architects Oldemiro Carneiro and Aires de Sá - was for more than half a century a monument of reference of the city and the region. A determined dream cherished over the years by the blue and white fans that grew with time and is ultimately deployed in the area which offered the epitome, as its official designation was Estádio do Futebol Clube do Porto. Over time, it changed its appearance several times; gaining seats and an arch bench, as well as a lowered pitch and enriched surrounding area; it was also endowed with training camps, sports halls, indoor pool, a bingo room, and subsequently a renewed and extended administration area, which was installed on the emblematic Torre das Antas. Of the countless moments of blue and white glory experienced over the years, it comes out the international victories, celebrations of achievements (some unsigned in Portuguese football), cycles of triumphs and moments of apotheosis that provided the ground with a mythical aura, which stands in the memory of those who witnessed the process that led the Dragão to the highest European and world sporting status.
ESTÁDIO DO DRAGÃO
The force of modernity made important to create a new step in the patrimonial enrichment method of FC Porto, giving it a modern stadium, more functional, more comfortable and better adjusted to the demands of football at the highest level of excellence and inseparable from the blue and white history. The hosting of UEFA?s Euro 2004 lead to the change and to the construction of Estádio do Dragão, a work signed by the architect Manuel Salgado. The new stadium was born, located a little lower in the area of the former stadium, which was substituted with respect and pride as stage of the blue and white distinction. With capacity for 50,399 spectators, with unique facilities, which were enriched by the placement of green spaces and the restructuring of the road and rail network attached to the sports, residential and commercial complex, materializing a new centrality in the city of Oporto, the Estádio do Dragão it is said as a sporting and cultural reference point to the city and to the region. The inaugural ceremony took place on 16 November 2003, hosting a friendly match between FC Porto and Barcelona, as the guest of honor, which ended with a blue and white victory by 2-0. Thereafter, the Estádio do Dragão hosted the opening match of Euro 2004, played between the National teams of Portugal and Greece, and it was also the stage of the breathtaking blue and white walk towards the conquest of Europe in the 2003/04 season.