PT | EN | ES

Under-19: Three points assured in four minutes

FC Porto beat over Leipzig (2-0) in Germany for matchday 3 of the Youth League

This Tuesday, the Under-19 team beat Leipzig, in Germany, for the second win in this edition of the Youth League, taking an important step towards the qualification to the next round of the competition. Diogo Dalot (79m) and Romario Baró (82m) scored the goals of the young Dragons, who, for matchday four, face the German team again, but at home this time (November 1, 14h00, SportTV).

It was a balanced first-half at Cottaweg Stadium, in the Leipzig Academy, even if there was a slightly better performance for the Dragons, who shot more, had more possession, and created the first clear goal opportunity of goal of the match - seven minutes in, goalkeeper Krahl prevented Junior Maleck from scoring. On minute 22, the home team responded, and Diogo Costa was the one preventing the goal, with a beautiful save. The match was alive, but it went to halftime without changes in the scoreboard.

The second-half was even more balanced, with both teams near the goal: first, Krahl stopped the shot of Diogo Dalot (59m), and then Diogo Costa did the same to Hoppe (71m). Romário Baró had already been sent in by João Brandão, and time proved the coach right.

FC Porto's offensive midfielder was in the play that ended in the first goal of the match, scored by Dalot (79m) - it was the second goal for the young defender in this edition of the Youth League, after the goal scored in the beating to Besiktas, on the first matchday (5-1). Four minutes later, the roles were reversed: Dalot passed to Baró for the second goal of the match, confirming three important points for the blue and whites, who remain in the second place of Group G, now with six points, three less than Monaco, first, and five more than Besiktas and Leipzig, second and third.

The Under-19 team will now prepare to go to Chaves, for the championship, a match scheduled for next Saturday at 15h00, with live broadcast on Porto Canal.


Youth League, matchday 3, Group G
October 17, 2017
Cottaweg Stadium, RB Leipzig Academy, Germany

Attendance: 520

Referee: Ognjen Valjić (Belarus)
Assistants: Sreten Udovičić and Amer Macić
Fourth official: Lasse Koslowski (Germany)

LEIPZIG: Krahl; Yilmaz, Minz, Krüger, Stierlin, Mekonnen de Oliveira, Hoppe, Senkbeil (cap.), Fonatine, Schmidt and Schimmel
Substitutions: Krüger for Dauter (61m), Schimmel for Holm (61m) and Fontaine for Hartmann (73m)
Not used: Müller, Schelenz, Born and Aslan
Coach: Robert Klauβ

FC PORTO: Diogo Costa; Diogo Dalot, Diogo Queirós, Claudio Silva, Tiago Lopes, Rui Pires, Paulo Estrela, Mateus Barbosa, Moreto Cassamá (cap.), Junior Maleck and Madi Queta
Substitutions: Paulo Estrela by Romário Baró (58m), Madi Queta by João Mário (66m), Junior Maleck by Jorge Teixeira (80m)
Not used: Ricardo Silva, Diogo Bessa, Pedro Justiniano and João Lameira
Coach: João Brandão

At halftime: 0-0
Scorers: Diogo Dalot (79m) and Romário Baró (82m)

Bookings: yellow card to Diogo Queirós (11m)

Related News

​​Penalties kick the Dragons out of the Youth League

The Under19 FC Porto team is out of the final of the Youth League, after losing in penalty shootout to Chelsea. The…

More Info

Dragon Force holds International Camp in Luxembourg

Dragon Force will return to Luxembourg for the third time. After the successful camps in 2016 and 2017, three FC Porto…

More Info

Under19 qualified to the final stage of the Youth League

With an own goal from Skipp (30m) and another from Santiago Irala (40m), the Under19 team went to England beat…

More Info