PT | EN | ES

​​Dragons lose points in Vila das Aves

FC Porto tied against Desportivo das Aves (1-1) in matchday 12 of Liga NOS

Matchday 12 ended with a 1-1 tie between FC Porto and Desportivo das Aves, the second tie for the Dragons in this championship: the advantage reached with the goal scored by Ricardo, on minute six, was cleared by the goal scored by Vítor Gomes, in the second-half (63m). Next Friday (20h30), the competition returns to Estádio do Dragão, for the classic against Benfica.

Strong starts are undoubtedly one of the trademark images of this team led by Sérgio Conceição and the match in Vila das Aves was yet another example that the Dragons don’t like to waste time. Six minutes into a match, that had as main news the return of Soares to the starting team (the striker was injured in the first matchday of the championship), were enough to prove this theory once again, that is, for the best attack of the championship to strike again.

Fate wanted that a defender would be the one making that precious contribution to the attack, taking advantage of an excellent assistance of the returned Soares. But, from that moment on, the home team didn’t lower their arms and made the life of the blue and whites hard.

Before that, Desportivo das Aves had already shown what they wanted, with Salvador Agra, after the goal scored by Ricardo, hitting the top bar of the goal defended by a helpless José Sá, but, 36 minutes in, the goalkeeper would prove to be an asset, when he was fast enough to deny the goal to the home team.

At halftime, the match was showing good performances for both teams and the goal scored by Ricardo made the difference, but the start of the second-half (52m) had Corona being sent-off (after being shown the second yellow card), complicating the match for the Dragons even more. Less than 10 minutes later, Vítor Gomes tied the scoreboard, and the blue and white reaction that followed was not enough to bring the three points from Vila das Aves: Aboubakar, before being replaced by Marega, also returning after an injury, had the best opportunity to tie.

Before the end of the match, there was a play that left an irreparable dent on the match. In the heart of the area of the home team, Danilo was kicked from behind by Amilton, but the penalty for the blue and whites wasn’t flagged. Referee Rui Costa waited to listen to the video-referee, but then allowed the match to continue. The first of the four minutes of stoppage time was over like that.

See match report
Related News

Herrera, Corona and Layún continue in the World Cup

Mexico qualified, for the seventh consecutive time, to the Round of 16 of the World Cup, despite losing to Sweden (0-3),…

More Info

Saidy signs until 2022

Saidy joined FC Porto. The young Swiss international signed for four seasons, until June 30, 2022. ... “I’m blessed, as…

More Info

Three Dragons in another Mexican victory

This Saturday, Mexico reached the second victory in two matches in Group F of the 2018 World Cup, this time against…

More Info