FCP logo

Alex Telles, Óliver, Corona and Marega were the scorers in the blue and white victory over Nacional (4-0), at Estádio da Madeira

This Sunday, FC Porto beat Nacional (4-0), at Estádio da Madeira, for matchday 33 of Liga NOS. Alex Telles (14m), Óliver (28m), Corona (59m) and Marega (88m, pen.) were the scorers for the Dragons, who now have 82 points and, on condition, are in the lead of the championship, waiting for the outcome of the match Rio Ave-Benfica.

The good start the Dragons had was almost betrayed by the bad communication between Vaná and Éder Militão, but Brayan Riascos shot outside the post, when the goal was at his grasp, wasting the first big opportunity to score (6m). The play was enough for the Dragons to wake up and truth is they scored shortly after. And in style, it should be said. Alex Telles gave the advantage for the blue and whites in a fantastic free-kick, giving no chances to Daniel Guimarães (14m).

The high pressure set up by FC Porto then gave the second goal: Corona recovered the ball, passed it to Óliver and the Spanish midfielder’s talent did the rest, scoring from his left foot (28m). Brayan Riascos tried again (41m), and Marega was close to scoring on two occasions (44m and 45m+1), but the 3-0 scored by the Malian was wrongly disallowed. Danilo, signalled an off-side at the start of the play, was in behind the last man (45m).

The second-half was also dominated by FC Porto, who constantly posed danger for the home team. Corona forced Daniel Guimarães to a good save after an individual play (50m), but the Mexican would score in the second attempt: Marega won the end line and passed to the number 17, who shot for the 3-0 (59m). Despite the comfort of winning by three goals, FC Porto continued to look for more. Otávio passed to Marega, but the Malian shot outside the post (61m).

The match started losing intensity, but, like in the first-half, the Dragons didn’t allow Nacional to attack. On the other hand, Otávio passed to Marega, but Júlio César was there to prevent the goal (85m). From a corner-kick, Alhassan stopped Danilo’s header with his arm and Carlos Xistra signalled the penalty. Marega took the responsibility and made it 4-0 (88m).

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.