FCP logo

FC Porto got the fourth consecutive victory against Portimonense (3-2), in Algarve, for matchday five of Liga NOS

This Sunday, FC Porto returned to competition with a 3-2 victory against Portimonense, in Algarve, for matchday five of Liga NOS. Alex Telles (25m) and Zé Luís (45m) put the blue and whites in the lead, the home team then made it 2-2, but Iván Marcano, in stoppage time, set the final score with a beautiful header.

The Dragons got their fourth consecutive victory. At the Portimão Stadium, the team led by Sérgio Conceição was better than the opponent, but had to fight until the end to win, remaining one point behind the leader, Famalicão.

The blue and white coach had admitted some doubts about the starting team, given the many injuries, but Romário Baró was the only one out, opening way to Otávio. The Brazilian midfielder passed to Luis Díaz on minute 13, with the Colombian international dribbling an opponent before hitting the post.

With a strong start, the blue and whites moved ahead on the scoreboard on minute 25, from penalty, for a hand on the ball from Jadson in the area. Alex Telles, on his 150th match with the blue and white jersey, was efficient and beat Ricardo Ferreira.

FC Porto kept creating opportunities to score more goals. Before the 30 minutes mark, Danilo Pereira hit the post with his chest, after a cross from Zé Luís. After that, Zé Luís himself shot for a very close save from the opposing goalkeeper.

Just before the break, rewarding a clear superiority of the blue and whites, Zé Luís increased the lead and his personal records - six goals is seven matches, five in five for the League - finishing on the far post following a cross from Uribe on the right. A fair advantage at halftime, without any real danger for Marchesín.

Portimonense tried to react in the second-half, but FC Porto continued to aim for goal. On minute 52, Ricardo Ferreira prevented Moussa Marega from celebrating and, after that, Danilo had three chances to score, but failed to do so.

In the first shots on goal, the home team was able to tie the match. First, Dener made it 1-2 in a header (74m) and, right after that, Anzai tied in a great shot from outside the area (77m). The Dragons, in a race against time, prepared an assault to the opposing goal and celebrated again.

Danilo Pereira, in one of the best occasions to score, had a good attempt, but the header went out (89m). After Alex Telles was sent-off, with a direct red card, Iván Marcano moved up for a corner-kick and was in the right place to make it count in a header, bringing justice to the scoreboard.

The blue and whites are now in full Europe mode. Next Thursday, at Estádio do Dragão (20h00), the team led by Sérgio Conceição faces BSC Young Boys for matchday one of Group G of Europa League.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.