FC Porto physician talked to Porto Canal about the clinical condition of the goalkeeper
Nélson Puga, FC Porto physician talked to Porto Canal about the clinical condition of Iker Casillas. The goalkeeper suffered an acute myocardial infarction during this Wednesday’s morning training, held at the Centro de Treinos e Formação Desportiva PortoGaia, in Olival.
“As is known, Iker Casillas suffered an acute myocardial infarction. Luckily, he was quickly diagnosed and the procedures went well. When we were still in Olival, we called to have a team ready as soon as we suspected what the clinical situation could be. We had a team on stand-by so that, as soon as Iker arrived at the hospital, he could be diagnosed, and he was, and operated. Right after the diagnosis, we were able to react quickly in terms of hemodynamic. He had a catheterization, my colleagues at the cardio wing at Hospital CUF were very effective in the response they gave, especially the colleague in charge of the catheterization. The situation was solved immediately, and he has no sort of consequence. He is well right now, stable, and he is already showing his usual humour, calm, with the support of his family. He will now start his first steps in the recovery following this situation, which obviously has some clinical severity”, Nélson Puga explained.
The blue and white physician believes it’s still early to talk of the Sporting future of Casillas: “What matters now is to solve this acute situation, a situation that required urgency so it could be solved quickly. We are relaxed now, and so is he, and we can help everyone relax about it, he will be fully recovered and well. It’s too early to say anything about his future, as it will depend on many factors, such as the medication he will have to take, the evaluation that will be made, not just in situations of rest, but also of stress with physical exercise, usual for him given the high level of competition, and it will also depend on his will to keep working in this field of activity. Only after considering all these factors, with calm and dialog, will the decision be made, if he can continue, if he wants to continue, if he doesn’t want to continue. What we are certain of is that he will be fine and recovered.”
By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.