FCP logo

Sérgio Oliveira sealed the victory over Portimonense (3-1) after assisting Mbemba and Mehdi Taremi

This Sunday, FC Porto beat Portimonense (3-1), at home, returning to victories in the competition. For matchday seven, the national champions started losing the match, after Beto scored, 14 minutes in, but Sérgio Oliveira assisted Mbemba (45m+3) and then Mehdi Taremi (46m), before sealing the blue and white victory himself (89m). With this victory, FC Porto now has 13 points.

As expected, FC Porto went in eager to take control of the match, but, on the first time Portimonense reached Marchesín’s goal with danger, the team from Algarve opened the scoreboard. Anderson recovered the ball on the midfield, passed to Moufi and the latter assisted Beto, who, free on the far post, headed it in for the 1-0 (14m). Forced to recover from the disadvantage, FC Porto pressed on to reach the tie, but had to wait for the last play of the first-half.

Until then, though, FC Porto set up a siege around the opposing area, despite the yellow wall that rose in front of Samuel, with the goalkeeper showing inspiration. The goalkeeper denied the goal to Sérgio Oliveira (39 m) and Mbemba (40 m), and watched as Luis Díaz hit the net on two occasions (27m and 34m). With Taremi on the pitch, the national champions finally had reasons to celebrate. In stoppage time of the first-half, Sérgio Oliveira took a corner-kick and Mbemba went up on the far post and headed the ball in, tying the match at 1-1 (45m+3), with the break coming shortly after.

After António Nobre started the second-half, FC Porto only needed 51 seconds to turn the score around. After recovering the ball, Sérgio Oliveira did a perfect cross towards Taremi, who scored the first goal in blue and white. 66 minutes in, Luis Díaz almost made it 3-1, but the Colombian winger ended up losing the ball in the area. Shortly after, Zaidu passed to Sérgio Oliveira and the midfielder offered another header to Taremi, but the Iranian hit the goalkeeper (71m), who would be put to the test later on.

Taremi passed to Marega and the Malian put the ball in Sérgio Oliveira, in front of Samuel, but the captain shot straight at the goalkeeper, wasting a great opportunity for FC Porto to increase the lead (78m). On the next play, the only truly dangerous attempt for the opponent in the second-half, Dener headed the ball outside the post, following a corner-kick (82m). It would Sérgio Oliveira, the captain of the Dragons for this match, the one scoring the final goal in the blue and white victory: in a quick counter-attack, Corona gave the 3-1 to the number 27, with the midfielder adding a goal to two assistances (89m). A fair victory for FC Porto, returning to victories in the championship.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.