FCP logo

FC Porto beat Farense 5-1, with two matches to go in the League

FC Porto sealed the 26th consecutive matchday without defeats with a massive victory. This Monday night, the blue and whites returned home and won by the biggest margin of the season at Estádio do Dragão (5-1). Mehdi Taremi was involved in four goals (two goals and two assists) and was the main blue and white star in matchday 32 of the championship. Next is a trip to Vila do Conde (Saturday, 20h30).

Sérgio Conceição made three changes in the team that tied at Estádio da Luz, sending in João Mário to the right side of the defence - Manafá played on the left -, Marko Grujic replaced Sérgio Oliveira, banned, and Toni Martínez took the spot of Marega. The match started well for the national champions and in the worst possible way for Farense, as Licá touched the ball with his arm inside the area and the VAR warned Tiago Martins to the event. After checking the footage, the referee signalled a penalty kick. Goalkeeper Beto was able to guess the side, but Mehdi Taremi shot with power and opened the scoreboard. Before the quarter of an hour, and after recovering the ball in the midfield, Taremi passed to Toni Martínez and the Spanish forward didn’t hesitate. Toni’s second goal in three matches guaranteed a 2-0 result for FC Porto. 20 minutes in, a tremendous slide from Pepe prevented Pedro Henrique from scoring and, in the next attack, another goal for the Dragons, foreseeing a big win: Luis Díaz received on the left, shot to the far post and made the best of another assistance from Taremi, his second of the evening. Before the half hour mark, a vicious tackle from Bilel on Manafá earned him a straight red card and left FC Porto playing against ten for the first time in this edition of Liga NOS. Until the break, a good play from the blue and white attack ended with a shot from João Mário over the bar and the Lions of Faro scored, but the goal was disallowed for offside.

At halftime, Diogo Leite replaced Mbemba and, shortly after the resume of the match, Toni Martínez had the fourth goal on his feet, but the shot wasn’t good enough and the scoreboard would have to wait. Close to the hour mark, Otávio moved up in the centre, passed to Taremi, and the number 9 placed a perfect shot and made it 4-0. Fábio Vieira, Evanilson and Romário Baró were sent in to replace Luis Díaz, Mehdi Taremi and Marko Grujic, with the left winger, number 50, quickly forcing Beto to a good save into a corner-kick. Francisco Conceição then replaced Toni Martínez and the Dragons were playing with five players from the youth squads. 84 minutes in, Marchesín passed to João Mário, who moved from the opposite wing and shot straight at the back of the net. Until the final whistle, the team led by Jorge Costa scored following a missed clearance from Diogo Leite, who placed the ball in Licá and the former Dragon made it 5-1.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.