FCP logo

FC Porto was losing against Paços de Ferreira, but won 2-1 at Estádio do Dragão

This Saturday, FC Porto beat Paços de Ferreira (2-1), at Estádio do Dragão, for matchday eight of the Portugal Bwin League. Luis Díaz (44m) and Wendell (52m) were the scorers for the blue and whites, who now has 20 points, one behind Benfica, who has one less match played.

With six changes in the team in comparison to the match against Liverpool, for the Champions League, FC Porto took control of the match and Matheus Uribe made the first warning four minutes in, but the Colombian’s shot on the edge of the area went slightly over the top bar. In the following play, the opposing defence denied Luis Díaz a goal that seemed certain (5m), before Vítor Ferreira put goalkeeper André Ferreira’s reflexes to the test (15m). After a quarter of an hour of intense dominance, Paços de Ferreira moved ahead of the scoreboard in one of the first attacks they made: Diogo Costa stopped Lucas Silva’s shot, but the spare ball went straight at Nuno Santos, who made it count (19m). Without doing anything to deserve it, Paços de Ferreira was ahead, but there was a foul on Marcano early in the play, which not even the VAR could see.

FC Porto’s reaction gained strength right after the first half hour, when Mehdi Taremi found Francisco Conceição in front of the goalkeeper, but the young winger failed to score. The blue and white pressure increased as the clock continued ticking and the tie seemed a matter of time, something that would be confirmed even before the break. Luis Díaz sent Mehdi Taremi forward and the Iranian found Evanilson in front of goal, with a defender clearing the ball, but it ended up in Díaz again, in the heart of the area. Fast and lethal, Luis Díaz made it 1-1, scoring his sixth goal in the championship, reinforcing the status of top scorer of the competition (44m). And halftime came. The break didn’t make FC Porto slower, as the Dragons opened the second-half with Evanilson heading at the bar in a corner-kick taken by Vítor Ferreira (51m).

In the next minute, in another corner taken by Vítor Ferreira, André Ferreira cleared the ball to the second post and Wendell picked it up, completing the turnaround in a strong, unstoppable shot, scoring his first with the FC Porto shirt (52m). The match gained even more interest from this point on, and Paços de Ferreira reacted shortly after with Nuno Santos hitting the post of the blue and white goal (56m). In response, Evanilson found space on the edge of the area and missed the target by centimetres, in a curved shot with his left foot (57m). The blue and white attacking trend led to several opportunities to increase the lead, but the 2-1 would remain until the end.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.