FCP logo

FC Porto beat Feirense (5-1), at Estádio do Dragão, and qualified to the next round of the Portuguese Cup

This Saturday, FC Porto beat Feirense (5-1), at Estádio do Dragão, for round four of the Portuguese Cup. Matheus Uribe (15m), Otávio (39m and 45m), Evanilson (56m) and Francisco Conceição, from the penalty spot (72m), were the scorers for the blue and white team, securing a spot in the Cup.

The impressive start FC Porto had only lacked a goal, as Evanilson, seven minutes in, receiving a pass from Otávio, missed the goal. The pace set by the Dragons, together with high pressure, almost suffocated Feirense in some moments, but the goals only came from set pieces. Vítor Ferreira took the free-kick and Matheus Uribe escaped his marker on the near post, and headed it in (15m). In a first-half of complete dominance, Evanilson deserved to score, but missed two great situations to increase the lead for FC Porto (27m and 32m).

In response, on the first time they reached the goal defended by Marchesín in the first-half, Feirense almost tied the match through João Paulo (34m). Halftime wouldn’t come before Otávio pulled-of two masterpieces, but the first goal of the captain stands out for the fantastic play that led it (39m). Shortly before the break, in a corner-kick taken by Vítor Ferreira, Otávio headed for goal, but goalkeeper Arthur saved it; the midfielder was faster on the loose ball though, and scored his second goal, for the 3-0 before the break (45m). This was, in fact, the first time Otávio scored two goals in the same match for FC Porto’s main team. The second-half wasn’t as exciting as the first, but the Dragons didn’t slow down and easily made it 4-0.

A bad pass from a defender to the goalkeeper left Evanilson alone in front of goal and, this time, the Brazilian forward gave no chances to Arthur (56m). On the other end, the team from Santa Maria da Feira, with Stivan Petkov, forced Marchesín to a beautiful save (59m). It was a sort of warning for what was to come, as Vargas took advantage of a bad move from the blue and white defence and reduced the disadvantage (67m). The Dragons took the blow and were quick to increase the lead again. Mehdi Taremi was tackled in the area and referee Hugo Miguel immediately signalled the penalty spot. The Iranian forward positioned himself to take the penalty, but gave the ball to Francisco Conceição, offering the young winger the possibility to score his first goal for the main team of FC Porto. And so it was, the number 10 took the penalty in style and celebrated with an emotional hug to his father, Sérgio Conceição (72m). A beautiful moment to close a night of excellence at Estádio do Dragão.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.