FCP logo

Zé Luís and Luis Díaz scored for FC Porto, in the 4-0 victory over Vitória de Setúbal, for matchday two of the Portuguese League

This Saturday, FC Porto beat Vitória de Setúbal, 4-0, for matchday two of the championship. The three goals scored by Zé Luís and one by Luis Díaz gave the victory to the blue and whites, who dominated the match from start to end.

In need of changing the path the Dragons were in, Sérgio Conceição replaced three players in the starting team. Corona moved to the back of the right wing, giving space for Romário Baró to debut with the blue and white shirt. Uribe replaced Sérgio Oliveira, injured, and Zé Luís joined Marega on the attack.

The Cape Verdean international didn’t take much time to justify the decision. Two minutes in, after a corner-kick, the forward headed for Makaridze to save it, but it was clear that this would be the day of reckoning. The Dragons pressed in the attacking midfield, and, after Alex Telles hit the post from a free-kick (8m), Uribe deflected the ball to Luis Díaz, who found Zé Luís outside the area. The number 20 found space and scored the first of the match (11m).

The siege continued and, with that, the goal situations kept lurking the opposing goal. Marega tried a header (15m), but his teammate in the attack was the one scoring his second goal. A typical free-kick from Alex Telles to the area, with Pepe deflecting the ball. On the far post, Zé Luís (20m) headed it in for the second of the evening. The blue and white dominance continued in the first 45 minutes with Romário Baró (30m) and Danilo (34m) trying to increase the advantage from distance, but the score remained unchanged until the end of the first-half.

The second-half had the same story and the same man in the leading role. Again from a set piece, Zé Luís received the cross from Alex Telles and, in a header, again, reached his hat-trick (63m). The stadium was still celebrating when FC Porto scored the fourth goal (64m). Marega run on the right wing and passed to Luis Díaz, who, in the small area, only had to push it in.

Trying to reduce the disadvantage, Vitória de Setúbal aimed for goal in counter-attacks. The best opportunity came 77 minutes in, but the opponent faced a wall name Marchesín, who, with two great saves, earned applause from the Blue Sea.

With the match set, both teams reduced the pace, but FC Porto remained in control of the match. A fair victory before the away match at Estádio da Luz.

    FC Porto Portal uses cookies in different ways. Know more here .
    By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to its use.